Caring for our Children
Living Word Community Church regards child protection and good working practice as a priority. In the interests of the safety and well being of all children and young people, it has developed and operates a formal child protection policy, which is registered with the Churches’ Child Protection Advisory Service.
The church is committed to ensuring that everyone working with children or young people:
has undergone a Disclosure & Barring Service check,
is adequately trained and supervised,
understands and follows the church’s child protection policy.
The child protection policy may be viewed here
and/or a copy obtained from the church office at
18 High Road North, Laindon, Basildon, Essex SS15 4DP
As part of this church’s commitment to children and young people it has appointed David Donoghue
as Child Protection Co-ordinator. and Terry Everett
is our deputy co-ordinator. All the children and young people involved in activities within the church know who they are and how they can be contacted.
Should the church have any child protection concerns it will seek the advice of the Churches’ Child Protection Advisory Service and if appropriate contact the statutory authorities.
LIVING WORD COMMUNITY CHURCH
· recognises that child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
· is committed to supporting parents and families.
· recognises the unique and individual worth of each child.
· is committed to nurturing, protecting and safeguarding children and young people.
· exercises care in the appointment of all those working with children and young people in the church, working to ‘Safe from Harm’ principles.
· is committed to following statutory, specialist guidelines in working with children and young people.
· seeks to support all those affected by abuse.
· is committed to supporting, training and resourcing those who work with children and young people and provide regular supervision.
· is committed to the management and supervision of known offenders in the church.
· will review its child protection policy annually and register it with CCPAS.
If you have any concerns for a child or in relation to any child protection matter then please speak to one of the Child Protection Co-ordinators.
Further details about child protection policies, training in child protection, the Criminal Records Bureau and the quality assurance review can be obtained from the Churches Child Protection Advisory Service, P O Box 133, Swanley, Kent BR8 7UQ telephone 0845 120 4550. Email firstname.lastname@example.org